- Use a mirror and a bright light
- Remove any removable partials or full dentures
- Look and feel lips and front of gums for any lumps or bumps that do NOT move
- Tilt your head back and inspect the roof of your mouth
- Pull your cheek out to see the inside surface and gums in the rear
- Pull out your tongue and look at all surfaces
What am I looking for?
- White patches
- Red Patches
- Combination of red and white patches
- Abnormal lumps or thickening
- Chronic sore throat/hoarseness
- Difficulty chewing/swallowing
- Masses or lumps in the neck that are not bilateral (same on both sides)
***If you have any concerns about an abnormality in your mouth or throat please call us ASAP to evaluate.