How can we help you?
Choosing a dentist for your family's care is a big step, and we know you probably have a lot of questions about our office, dental care, and your own health in particular.
We've taken the time to collect some of the questions we hear most often. See if your question is answered here! If not – or if you'd like more information – give us a call or send us an email using the convenient online form on our contact page.
- Use a mirror and a bright light
- Remove any removable partials or full dentures
- Look and feel lips and front of gums for any lumps or bumps that do NOT move
- Tilt your head back and inspect the roof of your mouth
- Pull your cheek out to see the inside surface and gums in the rear
- Pull out your tongue and look at all surfaces
What am I looking for?
- White patches
- Red Patches
- Combination of red and white patches
- Abnormal lumps or thickening
- Chronic sore throat/hoarseness
- Difficulty chewing/swallowing
- Masses or lumps in the neck that are not bilateral (same on both sides)
***If you have any concerns about an abnormality in your mouth or throat please call us ASAP to evaluate.
There are several factors to consider when selecting a dentist for your family. Many different dentists have different specialties within their field, so not every dental office is right for every patient.
If you are choosing a new family dentist, consider any particular needs your family may have. Do you have young children who are trying to learn and develop good oral hygiene habits? Does anyone in your family suffer from a fear of the dentist? Are you looking to begin a new treatment plan or receive any specific services? Are you or a member of your family behind on your regular exams or routine dental care? It is important to first evaluate what your family needs from a dentist, and then decide if a particular dental group meets your needs.
At Kalaheo Dental Group, our main focus is on treating entire families within the community. We specialize in providing top-notch dental care to patients of every age, no matter how young or old. Your ohana is our ohana, and we have extensive experience working with children and the elderly. Our dental office even conveniently offers group appointments so every member of your busy family can be seen during one easy visit!
For quality family dentistry in Kauai, look no further than Kalaheo Dental Group. Give our dental office a call today to learn more about our caring Kalaheo team!